I spend an insane amount of time on my phone. It’s quite alarming.
I use my phone a lot. From tracking my appointments, making grocery lists to reading books, my phone has become my go to. I knew I used my phone quite a bit. Recently, I came upon an app to track my phone usage and decided to give it a go. Just for fun. To see how I fared everyday.And the result has been quite shocking.
My screen time every day is an insane amount of hours that I am quite embarrassed to even mention out loud. Only 40 % of the time is justifiable. The other 60 % is purely wasted time. While I am not against checking out social media everyday, the number of times I check is ridiculous. It starts with a check and very soon, I’m watching a video on how to make a brownie and reading about the Royals.
The only game I play is ‘words with friends’ online (Oh, if you would like to play with me, let me know 🙂 ). And that takes up an hour of my day. I don’t sit and play for an hour everyday, but I do play 5 minutes every now and then. Guess, I did that 12 times today. This is beginning to deeply disturb me.
So there, I’m acknowledging it. I have a phone problem. I’m going to intentionally reduce the time I spend with my phone. I’ll let you know in a week how I’m faring. Till then, may all be well with the world.